Terms & Conditions
Matthew Semple T/A The Canyons Lodge
For B&B Bookings we require the first night stay to be paid as a deposit and full credit card details provided to confirm a reservation. The balance to be paid on check in for bed and breakfast accommodation.
For Holiday Home and Venue hire bookings we require 50% of the full payment on booking to confirm the reservation together and the remainder no later than 14 days before arrival or function date. A receipt is emailed to confirm the reservation once the deposit is paid.
Visa and Mastercard are accepted or online bank transfers (cleared funds before 14 days arrival).
Please note a 2.8% bank enforced Credit Card Surcharge will apply. If paying by International Bank Transfer, then you will need to add onto the deposit any applicable Lodge bank fees.
Reservations are accepted in good faith however in the event of a cancellation the following applies:
- Reservation cancelled within 30 days of arrival incur 50 % charge of the total cost
- Reservation cancelled within 14 days of arrival incur 100% charge of the total cost
All attempts will be made to re-book the rooms and if successful a 90% refund will be made.
Arrival and Departure
There is some flexibility with arrival and departure times depending on availability and providing advanced notice is given.
Usual check in time is 2pm
Usual check out time is strictly 10am unless prior written confirmation is provided by management.
A minimum stay of 2 nights for B&B accommodation.
A non-smoking environment applies throughout the interior of the lodge.
Damage to Property
Any loss or damage to lodge goods and chattels, considered in excess of general wear and tear will incur a credit card charge for full replacement or the cost of repair. Guests will be advised of the cost. A credit card deposit is taken 14 days in advance of all holiday home and function bookings for cleaning and damage.
Terms and Conditions
The Canyons Lodge venue and self catering holiday home fee allows for use all of the lodge facilities and grounds except for access to the second closet in the deluxe room, upstairs foyer storeroom, linen cupboard, kitchen pantry and garage.
- A 20% deposit of the total fee is required within 7 days of placing the booking, or earlier in the event of another enquiry for the same period, with the remainder of the fee payable on check-in.
- Cancellation fees apply and include:
- 10% administration fee if cancellation is made more than 60 days prior to date of booking.
- 50% of full tariff if cancellation less than 30 days prior to date of booking.
- 100% of full tariff if cancellation less than 14 days prior to date of booking.
- Credit card details are to be provided by the person responsible [Hirer] for the booking for security of payment for any costs incurred incidentally or resulting from stay.
- Any loss, damage, breakage to lodge facilities/amenities and or requiring replacement, repair, service or otherwise that may occur during the period of stay will be charged against the credit card provided. Charges for any of the above will be at the sole discretion of The Canyons Lodge management and will apply for 1 month after the departure date.
- The number of occupants residing must not exceed the number specified when the booking was confirmed. If the number is exceeded an additional fee will be charged at the sole discretion of The Canyons Lodge management.
- On departure the Lodge is to be left clean and tidy and all rubbish placed in the appropriate wheelie bins. Should the Lodge require cleaning in excess of normal requirements an additional charge of $45 + GST per hour per cleaner will be charged against the credit card provided. This fee will also apply for the disposal of excessive rubbish.
Port-a-loos for functions - as we are on a septic tank system to ensure no overflowing occurs at functions we insist guests not staying at the Lodge must use the additional toilet facilities provided. The Hirer will be charged if overflowing/spillage occurs.
- Any damage to the port-a-loos supplied will be an additional charge against the credit card provided, or deducted from the bond.
- Checkout is to be no later than 10am unless by prior arrangement. Failure to vacate at the correct time may result in a full day’s tariff being charged.
- Noise control bylaws exist and must be adhered to at all times. While noise levels can be regulated through the day by our local council there definitely must be no noise after 10pm Sunday to Thursday, or after 11pm on Friday and Saturday.
- Stiletto heels are not to be worn inside the Lodge at any time, unless with protectors, due to the likelihood of damage to the antique wooden floors. Reparation costs of $250 per square meter will be charged for any fresh damage.
- A gathering of more than 15 people is considered a function. One function is allowed per venue hire. Further functions will incur an additional cost of $1500-4500.
- A non- smoking environment exists throughout the interior of the Lodge.
- No animals are allowed.
- The hirer is held responsible for all people staying at the Lodge, including any 3rd party invitees.
- If marquees are required for a function please ensure that they are erected on day of hire only and to ensure grounds are left in the same condition we ask that full flooring over grassed area under marquee is used.
We understand and accept the Terms and Conditions outlined herein.
These terms and conditions may be subject to change at any time at managements discretion.